Sunday, November 4, 2007

It's just a ride...

It's just a ride, it's just a ride...

One of my favorite songs ever. Some people look at life as being "just a ride" in many different ways. They all say that life is "just a ride" but there are many different variations of the "ride." I too have my own look at life's "ride." My way of looking at life as a ride is of course what I just said, "just a ride," but I see it as a ride on my way to the place that God has prepared for me in Heaven. As I have stated in my little "about me" section, I am a Christian. I accepted Jesus as my Saviour when I was in 7th grade on February 21, 2001. I was later baptized on March 21, 2oo1. Since then my life has been spent doing the best that I can to live for God and do what He has called me to do. So I look at my life as a ride that will end when I finally reach Heaven. On my ride, I am doing my best to keep God's will the focus of my life, and seeking out an intimate relationship with Him. Now of course I am human so I DO stumble. Boy do I stumble, but I know that I the Lord is always with me bring me out of anything and I don't forget that. I continue to praise Him through all of my trials and don't forget His benefits.

Just like Psalm 103 says...

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all you iniquity
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love
and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the
eagle's.
Psalm 103:1-5 ESV

So sure my "ride" is bumpy just like everyone else's but God is there for me through it all and my prayer is that anyone that reads this will seek the same "ride"

What do you describe your "ride" as?

I would love to hear comments from you, so feel free to respond.


It's been a really long time since I kept up with a blog, but I always find something about it that I like. One thing I like is all of the interesting comments that I sometimes recieve and all of the interesting people that I meet and correspond with. I also find something very intriguing about sharing my thoughts, feelings, and life with people that I have never met and/or may never meet in person. So that is why I guess that I have decided to begin a new blog here. So leave me comments so that I can meet you.
God Bless,
Caleb :)

No comments: