Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My 100th Post - FLOOD!!!!

So there has been lots of rain in the state of Alabama the past week and it still isn't done!!
When I was home this weekend there were roads closed in Wetumpka because of a sink-hole due to flooding. The rivers were also VERY high!!

Today I drove back to Mobile. It has rained HEAVY all day. I got soaked. When I left school I saw where the areas on either side of the entrance to the school were completely under water. It was CRAZY!!

I have heard that there are several roads closed throughout the city due to flooding. It is crazy. Anyways I have been documenting the day as it has unfolded. I am done for now b/c I've got to eat dinner and watch American Idol so anyways.

Take a look at this...


On the "Dolly Parton" bridge coming into Mobile

The flood on campus


The drive into the campus


WOW Still can't believe this


Right down the street from my house


Kids playin in the water in my parking lot

1 comment:

Jack Leon said...

WOW! Welcome to the River Jordan!